With iOS 5.1 and iPhoto for iPad/iPhone Apple introduced a new feature called Photo Beaming. You can directly beam images from one iOS device to a different one. The updated Scotty app allows now Photo Beaming too. In our opinion Scotty makes the beaming simpler. On top Scotty also allows to beam directly to your Macs.
Beaming from an iPhone to an iPad
1. Scotty has to be running on both devices active in the front
2. On the iPhone the target iOS devices (here our iPad) shows up
3. Next you select the source image album on your iPhone
4. Select your source images
5. Touch the red "Transfer" button
6. All images get transferred to the iPad. The process is very quick. On the iPad the images show up in the "Camera Roll".
Beaming from an iPhone to a Mac
All the steps are the same except that you select a target folder on your Mac. File sharing has to be active on your Mac and you need to be able to login of course.
We find Photo Beaming a nice feaure because there is no need to use the USB-Dock cable. With Scotty the process is both easy and fast.